Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Hello, and a little bit about me...











My name is Michele Kosboth and I am running for the Waltham School Committee in Waltham MA.  About me:

  • My husband, Bob Tanski, and I have lived in Waltham in the Cedarwood neighborhood, for 8 years and have one son who will be in first grade this fall at Stanley Elementary.
  • 23 years working as a college administrator. Currently the Director of Student Financial Planning at Lasell College in Newton MA. Have also worked at Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA; Marist College, Poughkeepsie NY; Orange County Community College, Middletown NY and Ohio University, Athens OH.
  •  Educational background: 
    • Master of Education, College Student Personnel, Ohio University, Athens OH
    • Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Geneva College, Beaver Falls PA
  •  As a college administrator, I see first hand how necessary a solid foundation in the elementary, middle and high school programs is to our communities. Whether a student chooses to attend college or not, whether he or she goes into college right out of high school, or goes into the work force, the education that student receives in their hometown sets them up for success in their adult lives.
  • I am seeking to serve on the Waltham School Committee because:
    • I have a child in the Waltham public school system
    • because I have a strong desire to bring students, parents and educators together, working toward the same goal of preparing our students for the future
    • I will bring to the position my years of experience running an office, hiring and managing employees, establishing and managing both an office budget but also managing the accurate processing of over $40 million dollars in federal, state and institutional financial aid annually, as well as my experience being part of the Enrollment Management division of the college and collaborating across many departments to assess and meet the needs of a diverse population of students
On a more personal level, I enjoy spending my free time with my family, making jewelry and singing in a jazz band.

I hope you will consider voting for me in the preliminary election on Sept. 17th and again in the general election on Nov. 5th.

If you are not yet a registered voter in Waltham, you have until Aug. 28th to register to vote in the preliminary election. Register at the City Clerks office at City Hall, 610 Main St. Waltham MA. Mail in registrations are available at the Waltham Public Library.



No comments:

Post a Comment